Switching to Natural Gas
Frequently asked questions for customers switching to natural gas
Yes, all residences in the Republic of Ireland that have a Natural Gas supply can be supplied with Natural Gas from Flogas.
You can save up to 7% on your Flogas standard unit gas rate (and up to 25%* if you choose Direct Debit). Discount valid for a period of 12 months. Offer available to new customers only.
* Terms and conditions apply.
Switching to Flogas couldn't be easier! We will need confirmation of your name, address, telephone number, current meter reading, and bank account details (if choosing direct debit). You need your latest Natural Gas bill and current Meter Reading to hand. If you don't have a Meter Box key and would like to receive one please contact our Customer Service Team on 1850 306 800.
Watch now: how to read your meter (Terraced House) >
Watch now: how to read you meter (Semi Detached House) >
How to Switch:
- Switch online now and you could get a discount of up to 20%* on your annual bill if you choose direct debit.
- Call our Customer Care Team on 1850 306 800 to switch easily and in minutes! Lines open: Mon-Fri 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Download the New Customer Agreement Form and return to: Flogas Natural Gas Ltd., Knockbrack House, Matthews Lane, Donore Road, Drogheda, Co.Louth, Ireland.
* Offer available to new cusomers only. Discount valid for a period of 12 months. An early exit fee of Euro 50 (incl vat) applies. Terms and conditions apply.
No, you keep the same meter and appliances. There is absolutely no disruption in fact the whole process is systematic and completed in seconds. You should get a closing bill from your previous supplier in the coming days and then your next bill will be from Flogas.
You will need:
- A recent Natural gas bill
- Your Bank details for completing a Direct Debit mandate form
- An up to date meter reading ￼(Find out how to read your meter here)
No. Gas Networks Ireland manage the Natural Gas Network/Grid and is also responsible for all networks (meters/pipelines etc.), therefore you will NOT need a new meter.
No. Changing over is seamless. There will be no disruption to your gas supply.
New customer discounts are guaranteed for a period of 12 months, after which you may select one of our other tariffs, else revert to our standard tariff. The major influence on tariff rates are international gas supply costs and exchange rates. Flogas residential gas prices remain very competitive on the Irish Natural Gas market.
You should get a closing bill from your previous supplier when you switch, and then your next bill will be from Flogas. We invoice our Residential customers every two months.
There will be an exit fee of 50 euro including vat for any customer who closes their account within the first 12 months.
Flogas do not provide any appliances or the servicing of same, however should any of our customers require same we will provide them with the details of a registered installer in their area for assistance.
Once you sign up with Flogas you notify the DSFA in writing that you have changed to Flogas, on the letter you need to confirm you PPS no. date of changeover and meter reading, the DSFA will then move your allowance to Flogas so you get the same entitlement as before.