Switching to Natural Gas
Frequently asked questions for customers switching to natural gas
Yes, all residences in the Republic of Ireland that have a Natural Gas supply can be supplied with Natural Gas from Flogas.
You can save up to 7% on your Flogas standard unit gas rate (and up to 10%* if you choose Direct Debit). Discount valid for a period of 12 months. Offer available to new customers only.
* Terms and conditions apply.
Switching to Flogas couldn't be easier! We will need confirmation of your name, address, telephone number, current meter reading, and bank account details (if choosing direct debit). You need your latest Natural Gas bill and current Meter Reading to hand. If you don't have a Meter Box key and would like to receive one please contact our Customer Service Team on 041 214 9500.
Watch now: how to read your meter (Terraced House) >
Watch now: how to read you meter (Semi Detached House) >
How to Switch:
- Switch online now and you could get a discount of up to 10%* off our standard gas unit rate if you choose direct debit.
- Call our Customer Care Team on 041 214 9500 to switch easily and in minutes! Lines open: Mon-Fri 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Download the New Customer Agreement Form and return to: Flogas Natural Gas Ltd., Knockbrack House, Matthews Lane, Donore Road, Drogheda, Co.Louth, Ireland.
* Offer available to new cusomers only. Discount valid for a period of 12 months. An early exit fee of Euro 50 (incl vat) applies. Terms and conditions apply.
No, you keep the same meter and appliances. There is absolutely no disruption in fact the whole process is systematic and completed in minutes. You should get a closing bill from your previous supplier in the coming days and then your next bill will be from Flogas.
You will need:
- A recent Natural gas bill
- Your Bank details for completing a Direct Debit mandate form
- An up to date meter reading (Find out how to read your meter here)
No you will not need a new gas meter, your gas supply will continue through the existing infrastructure at your property.
No. Changing over is seamless. There will be no disruption to your gas supply.
The discount off the standard rate you signed up to is guaranteed for the contract duration after which you may renegotiate or will revert to the standard rate plan.
You should get a closing bill from your previous supplier after you switch (usually 5-10 days), and then your next bill will be from Flogas. We invoice our Residential customers every two months.
There will be an exit fee of €50 applied per fuel item (if this forms part of any DF offering) for any customer who closes their account within the first 12 months outside of the 14-day cooling-off period.
Flogas do not provide boiler services. For further details on registered gas installers in your area please see RGII.
Once you sign up with Flogas you notify the DSFA in writing that you have changed to Flogas, on the letter you need to confirm you PPS no. date of changeover and meter reading, the DSFA will then move your allowance to Flogas so you get the same entitlement as before.