Go back

Moving In Or Out

What to do if moving in or out of a premises - Electricity Guide

If you are moving into an existing business premises, or taking over an existing premises from a previous occupier, there are a few simple steps to take. This will help ensure that you receive your final bill once you have vacated the premises, or receive fast activation of your new account.


Fill out the form online:

We will then contact you to confirm account cessation or activation.


Call us:

  1. Call us on 041 981 5800 seven days before you move out or in - just have your account number and MPRN to hand.
  2. Provide us with a forwarding address.
  3. Finally, we will need a final or initial meter reading. (Find out how to get a Meter Reading here)



We will then take you through the process of setting up your account. 


Please note:

  • You will remain liable for all energy consumed and related charges at the premises until the account has been transferred to the new occupier, or the energy supply to the premises has been turned off.
  • For more information on your meter, see how to submit a meter reading.
  • For more information on Flogas Electricity, view our Help section here
  • MPRN or Meter point registration number is a unique 11 digit number that identifies your electricity connection . It begins with 10 and is available from ESB Networks for electricity if you cannot get access to it from your landlord.